Not all pest repellers are created equal...
The market has been flooded with cheap, poorly designed pest repellers that make big claims at ridiculously low prices. Not only do these knock-off repellers have less features, their inadequate construction can put you and your home at risk.
We had our product development team do a thorough review of a few of these copycats and compare their quality versus the Pest Repeller Ultimate AT. See how they stacked up below:
Competitor Example 1
Quality Assessment: POOR — Major Safety Risk
- The improperly colored high gauge wires were reversed in assembly, causing a direct short and explosion (see blackened area). Having the circuit board’s open contacts so close to an unprotected medium-voltage source like this is a very dangerous design, and may have started a fire.
- There are no additional safety devices such as a fuse. If a short circuit or overloading of electricity occurs, a fuse protects the circuit board from blowing up.
- The circuit board does not sit parallel to the back housing, indicating careless design criteria.
Competitor Example 2
Quality assessment: POOR — Multiple Safety Risks
- Again, there are no additional safety devices such as a fuse. If a short circuit or overloading of electricity occurs, a fuse protects the circuit board from blowing up.
- Extremely dirty plastics suggest poor manufacturing conditions and lack of quality control standards. The transducer (speaker) which emits ultrasonic sound is the cheapest, lowest quality type available (piezo).
- It does not have an inductor so no electromagnetic capability. Since there is no inductor, it cannot repel pests living inside walls.
- Uses awkward component mounting. This is likely to reduce the size of the circuit board and shave cents off their manufacturing costs — at your expense.
Pest Repeller Ultimate AT
Quality assessment: SUPERIOR
- Unlike the cheaper repellers, the AC prongs have clearance between the circuit board making it very safe to use. The wires are larger gauge and colored appropriately to easily distinguish between them.
- The power supply section has a fuse. This provides an additional layer of safety should there be a power surge.
- Plastic has a consistent color and feature lines that are sharp and clean. This shows the superior molds and high quality control standards.
- The secondary circuit board is insulated and features the necessary supporting electronics for high-power output from the ultrasonic speaker.
- The Ultimate AT has a coil inductor. This gives the Ultimate AT electromagnetic capability so you can get rid of pests living inside your walls.
And finally, when you buy from Good Life® your purchase is backed by our 60-day money-back guarantee and amazing customer service team. Any time you have questions or need support, you can call us at 00-1-541-245-4488, start a live chat, or send us a message.
Pest Repeller Ultimate® AT vs. the Competition“Not all pest repellers are created equal... the market has been flooded with cheap, poorly-designed repellers that make big claims but may be putting your home at safety risk.
Is the Wiring in Your Car Attracting Rodents?Up until the early 2000s, the insulation used to protect your car's wiring was petroleum-based. This layer is under the colorful plastic exterior that keeps your wires safe from environmental exposure, which helps maintain the longevity of the wires, and keeps them from making contact with each other. As a...
Pests going bump in the night?The Pest Repeller Ultimate AT may not actually keep ghosts away, but it will deter indoor pests such as mice, roaches, centipedes, scorpions, and more.
Guardian G2 Cannon: How-To Video Guide“With this quick video guide and the user friendly manual in your box, you will be ready to fire your first blast in minutes!”
How to Deal With WoodpeckersDid you know that damage caused by woodpeckers may not be covered by your homeowners insurance?! Woodpeckers, left unchecked, can cause serious damage, making holes in the siding which creates an expressway for termites, carpenter bees, rats, and many other pests to enter your home. Knowing why woodpeckers knock, how...